Google My Business or GMB is a product of Google which is made for local area people to mark their local business, or you can say local business listing. Listing the local business makes it easier for other people to find the required business services or products near them. This also helps google search bot & result to show the desired business relates to the people query on search.
And it’s very important for all the businesses to have a GMB or Google My Business listing because I already mentioned that google’s first results have their local listing. Google My Business has both the location or area-specific and beyond area-specific that why now it makes it very important to have a business to have there business listing on GMB.
Google Business listing also helps businesses to get reviewed by their customers so that google makes it more reliable & trustworthy for other people.
Google listing is a core element of local SEO, so it’s important to highlight at this point just how crucial it is that your listing data is accurate and kept up to date. Research suggests that 50% of consumers visit a store or business the day of performing a local search, such as ‘dry cleaners near me’, and that 80% of consumers lose trust in local businesses if they see incorrect or inconsistent contact details or business names online, so you’ll want you keep your NAP (Name, Address, and Phone number) consistent across all your listings, not just GMB.
Lets See How To Setup Google My Business
- Setup new google account for GMB or log in if you have one for business
- Go to google.com/business and click manage
- Now enter your business name.
- Enter your complete address(location) for your business
- Click the tick option below your address if your business do delivery of products
- Select or Enter the specific service areas.
- By choosing the service are it will help google to accurately point your business on search and map. Using you address details and service area
- Now select your business category. It very important to select your business category it also influence the search bot to show in SERP.
- Now add your business contact details & website for your business
- Last step is to verify your business listing.There are 3 ways to verify your listing.
- PostCard Verification
- Phone Verification
- Email Verification
All the verification methods are available by Google and it also depends on google to give you 1 option or all the three options
- Now the next step is to start uploading your business pic like logo, interiors & exteriors. Start creating post to show your updates related to your business. Add your product or service list in your google my business menu
- Get your google my business insight to analyze your business performance online.